Bachelor of Music Course Overview
AGME offers a Bachelor of Music course to new and enrolled students.
- 3 Years full time / 6 Years part time.
- Campus at AGME, 451 Glenferrie Rd, Kooyong, Melbourne.
- Face-to-Face and Online/Distance mode available
- Available to domestic students only
- FEE-HELP available for domestic students
- Maximum time to complete: 10 years from time of enrolment
- Contact hours (first year, fulltime): Approximately 40 hours per week, including independent study and rehearsal time
- Course Requirements: Students are required to successfully complete 300 credit points to be eligible for graduation
- Units: All units are core in first and second year, with an elective capstone choice in third year. This capstone area constitutes a major/specialisation within the Bachelor of Music.
- Admission: AGME's approach to admission is set out in our Admissions and Entry Requirements Policy. A range of admission and entry pathways are available to prospective students.
- Weekly time tabled hours: 10 hours on campus (attending students only); Distance students are to log into live/archived webinars for 8 hours.
- Weekly private study hours: 30 - 31 hours.
- Weeks per year: 26 weeks.
- Annual hours 80 hours.
- Total course duration: 240 hours.
We deliver live lectures which are recorded through live video streaming. Students can attend the Kooyong Melbourne campus (compulsory for students within the 40km radius) or enrol as a distance student. All students have access to live lectures plus a huge range of pre-recorded videos.
All students have access to ELEARNING materials such as:
- Chat sessions,
- Video material,
- Assignment guides,
- Essay help,
- Online Library
- Noteflight, Soundation, Ear Master Pro, Sight reading factory,
- Study schedules etc.
|Year 1||Semester 1||Musicianship 101||Music Performance 101||History of Music 101||Music Technology 101|
|Semester 2||Musicianship 102||Music Performance 102||Composition 101||Ensemble 101|
|Year 2||Semester 1||Musicianship 201||Music Performance 201||History of Music 201||Music Technology 201|
|Semester 2||Musicianship 202||Music Performance 202||Composition 201||Ensemble 201|
|Year 3||Semester 1||Capstone Elective from:||Musicianship 301||Business Management 301||History of Music 301|
|Composition 301; or|
|Performance 301; or|
|Music Technology 301|
|Semester 2||Capstone Elective from:||Musicianship 302||Business Management 302||Ensemble 301|
|Composition 302; or|
|Performance 302; or|
|Music Technology 302|
All lecturers are employed with the necessary qualifications. Depending on student intake lecturers may be increased each year however there are four current permanent lecturers and a number of visiting lecturers. All students have access to lecture staff through 'Message my Teacher' emails, 'Forums' posts, 'Chat sessions' weekly discussions, and by appointment 'In person' or 'Phone'.
Units of Study
Students are to select their Capstone Elective Major. (Performance, Composition or Music Technology)
Clink on the below links for further information on units of study.
Core UnitsYear 1